Cookies and this website

This website uses cookies to give you the best online experience. If you'd like to know more please read our cookie policy

Skip to content

General Information

Who can use the service

HomefinderRCT is open to anyone over the age of 16 who wishes to register their need for housing. You should apply to HomefinderRCT :

  • you wish to rent a housing association property in Rhondda Cynon Taf

  • you are already a housing association tenant and wish to move


Who cannot use the service

You cannot use this service if you have not completed an application and been accepted onto the housing register.

Although anyone aged 16 or over can apply to be added to the HomefinderRCT scheme, you may be refused if you:


  • are a current tenant and have been a tenant for less than 12 months and have no housing need

  • are subject to immigration control

  • are not classed as being habitually resident in the United Kingdom

  • are considered to be guilty of unacceptable behaviour serious enough to make you unsuitable to be a tenant

  • have former or current tenancy debts and these debts are serious enough to make you unsuitable to be a tenant

  • have deliberately worsened your circumstances in order to attempt to obtain accommodation

In the event of you not being included on the HomefinderRCT scheme, you will be notified in writing of the reason(s) why and will have the right to request a review of the decision.


You may also find this website useful if:
  • you are interested in purchasing a home under the Low Cost Home Ownership Scheme 'Homestep'

  • you are looking for private rented accommodation

  • you are generally looking for alternative accommodation